The Get Happier Project is a Positive Psychology of Mental Health, High Performance, & Wellbeing.
The core program is the Get Happier School, which brings together integrated resources for schools, teachers, children and parents. Much more than a Social and Emotional Learning program it provides a practical and visual framework to build mental health and happiness creating a positive and relational school culture.
Children will learn to:
- Understand themselves and others better.
- Make and keep better relationships.
- Increase emotional intelligence.
- Improve self-esteem, mental health and resilience.
- Solve problems in a non-confrontational manner.
- Become more peaceful and fulfilled, and create their own inspired life.
At Everton Park State School
Our aim is to create the conditions for each learner to move towards responsible self-management while learning about how and why people behave the way they do. At Everton Park State School we focus on catering for individual differences. We realise that all children will move towards the goal of responsible self-management at their own pace and that they will have individual needs along the way.
We use a non-coercive approach that is evident in all that we do – we build relationships, encourage self-evaluation and focus on quality.
Our beliefs about behaviour
- All behaviour is internally motivated and is our best attempt at the time to satisfy one or more of our basic needs.
- Behaviour refers to total behaviour incorporating the 4 components of doing, thinking, feeling and physiology.
- The only person whose behaviour we can control is our own.
- We all choose what we do with our lives and we are responsible for these choices.
- People can learn to satisfy their needs in responsible ways.
- Healthy relationships are necessary if we are to satisfy our basic needs.
- An environment that supports positive behaviour encourages change more effectively than one that focuses on negative behaviour.